2008-04-06

Google News Fact and Fiction

A couple of alleged facts and myth about Google News discussed in the official Google News Blog.
Google News Blog - The Official Blog from the team at Google news
Having an image next to your article improves your ranking
MYTH
Updating an article after posting it will create problems with Google News
TRUE
Timing the publication of your article improves your article ranking
MYTH
Articles that are just images or video won't be included
TRUE
There's no way to see why my articles weren't included in Google News
MYTH
Publishing a sitemap helps my rankings
MYTH
Redesigning my site may affect my coverage in Google News
TRUE
If I put AdSense on my site, my article rankings will improve
MYTH

blog it

Via: Google News Fact and Fiction According to Google
Related:
Google News Blog: Psst...secrets of Google News exposed!
Ranking in Google News: Setting the Record Straight - Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting | Google Groups